Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Oscars


Well... I haven't posted in a while, and I know that if I don't post soon, then once I post, everyone will say things like "Welcome back!"... "where've ya been?"... and "good to hear from you." Well, in order to avoid that, i've decided to throw up a quick post while watching the Oscars. I'm not a big Oscars fan... I haven't had the opportunity to meet them yet, but I'm sure they are a fine group of men. They should probably invite Oscar the grouch from Sesame Street to join their team. Oscar Robertson was a great ball player. Oscar Wilde was a pretty famous author. Oscar Hammerstein II is considered one of the most important figures in the history of American musical theater. In fact, he is the only person to win an Oscar who is actually named Oscar. Oscar Mayer makes some pretty good bologna. Oscar de la Renta makes some pretty good clothes. I once went to school with a kid named Oscar... he picked his nose alot.

5 comments:

K E Alexander said...

Then there's Oscar of the Odd Couple, Oscar Schindler the humanitarian and NT Scholar Oscar Cullman. Oh, and Ethel had an Uncle Oscar on "I Love Lucy." Nice to have you back.

Michelle said...

I only personally knew one Oscar growing up. He was a neighbor who was a truck driver.

ndfugate said...

welcome back!
where've ya been?
good to hear from you

m.d. mcmullin said...

Good to see you posting again.

Did you mention Oscar de la Hoya?

Brandon Anderson said...

Welcome back.

You really knew someone named Oscar?