Sunday, March 04, 2007

are you going to watch it?


Yeah, I'm gonna watch the "Lost Tomb of Jesus" documentary on the Discover Channel tonight. I'll wait to leave my comments after watching it. Part of the turmoil is the whole "tomb" stuff... the claim that Jesus did not, in fact, rise from the dead, which is a big deal, and I don't mean to make it sound trite (sp?). But... really, this isn't "new" news/claims. John warned of such things shortly after Jesus' death and resurrection. The other part, of course, is the marriage to Mary Magdalene stuff. If you know me, then you probably know what I think about that. Its pretty much what I thought about the DaVinci Code stuff... so... we'll talk about it later, after I get to watch it.

3 comments:

Josh Butcher said...

so... I watched it; pretty entertaining. What was even better was the critical look part that followed the actual documentary... wow, now that was good television. The Jacobvici (sp?) guy was getting pretty hot there at points. It was cool. anyway, like I said, entertaining as television, probably not the best at presenting the whole issue... but very good at making people ask questions. The assumptions were quite large, probably more "statistically" unlikely than their 600 to 1 that this was the tomb. well... those are some of my thoughts about it all.

Brandon Anderson said...

The Good Book done said there ain't gonna be no body in no tomb that belonged to Jesus of Nazareth. And that's all I'm gonna say 'bout that there.

Chris and Holly said...

Have you noticed the fact that no one is taking this seriously. Remember the DaVinci code? People were jumping off buildings because the end of Christianity was near. Look at the commotion following the tv special. No one pays any attention to it! This should tell you something about the quality of research that was done in making the film.