Monday, March 19, 2007

Books I've read since Christmas


So... I've read several books since Christmas and I thought I would share one or two thoughts about each of them, and maybe a link to their amazon page. As Christmas approached, I was reading Living Like Jesus by Ronald Sider. It was a pretty good book. Granted, seeing as I've read Rich Christians... it all kinda sounded very familiar. Next, I started my first N.T. Wright book, Simply Christian, which was incredibly refreshing. It wasn't so much that Wright said anything that I hadn't heard or thought before, but it was one of those books that reminds you of why you are part of this story. After I finished Simply Christian, I bounced around a couple of books that I didn't finish, waiting on the release of Rob Bell's Sex God. I could have read it much faster than I did, but I just took my time and read only a chapter a day. I'm sure it would be very possible to read it in an evening, or two. If you read and enjoyed Velvet Elvis, then I would recommend that you pick this one up too. Like I said, it is a very quick read, but you may just find yourself thinking about it much longer than you actually read it. I'm actually going to use some of it in our upcoming series at church, "Superman vs. WonderWoman". I'm planning on talking about God, Girls, Guys and Relationships. Mainly, I want to address what it means to be a guy/girl... how we exist in relationships and dispel the myth of the inferior female. So... thats what I've been reading. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Corky Alexander said...

You seem to be a reading machine. That is a good thing. You will never lack for input. I appreciate this about you, because it would be easier to play video games or something as busy as you are.