Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Spirit of the Disciplines




I am currently reading this fine book from Dallas Willard. I don't really know much about Dallas Willard. Basically, the reason I have this book is because it was required for a Discipleship in the Local Church class I took about a year ago. I never really got around to reading it. Basically, I just skimmed through it so that I could make general comments in class and include some quotes for the paper that I wrote. I know, thats the sign of a really good student. In all fairness, I was in the middle of writing my thesis and simply did not have time to read another book. So... I've gone back to read it because... well, just because. It's really good. I'm only two chapters into it, though. I think the next chapter is "Salvation is a Life." That might make a good blog entry, or at least a fancy-shmancy title. If anyone has read this book... what did you think? Is the rest of it worth reading or should I just stop and move on to something else, because I have to have some bathroom reading material.

No comments: