Saturday, July 19, 2008

the return

So, I'm giving it a go again. This comes after much scorning from my friend Jamie about my lack of blogging. I hadn't given it much thought, especially since I don't find that I have very much to say, but I guess thats not really the point. Anyway, I thought I would return with an interesting story that happened on a recent missions trip to St. Louis.

So, I'm sitting at Shogun (a Japanese restaurant) with the rest of our St. Louis group. We were also there with the pastor of
St. Louis Harvest Church of God
, the church we were working at. Anyway, so my cook guy starts pointing a bottle at me and yelling something that indicated he wanted me to open my mouth. Well, if you've ever been to a Japanese steak house, you know how they just throw food at you, open mouth or not. So, I opened my mouth, and he squirted this clear fluid into it, filling my mouth. He moved on to the person sitting next to me when I realized he wasn't squirting water... BUT SAKI--- JAPANESE WHISKEY!!!

Needless to say, when my church takes a missions trip, we go all out.

3 comments:

m.d. mcmullin said...

what a lush! can't even lay off the sauce on a church missions trip!

i'm sure now you're going to say you spit it out. whatever josh.

Josh Butcher said...

no... i didn't spit it out. another guy on the trip with us did spit it out. i was about to laugh so i just swallowed it so I could laugh, rather than spewing it all over everyone else.

The Prodigal Pig said...

Welcome Back! Maybe that IQ test was more taxing than you realized - if generating a 137 score made you that drowsy, I'll pass on the test.

:)