Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Wind-down

So, I've seen several people do these posts where they talk about their Sunday services. I thought I would join in and do one each week about Sunday and the previous week. Hopefully, it'll keep me blogging.
  • We had a guest worship leader this morning. He really flowed well with the music and prayer times. It was sweet.
  • I'm pretty tired of using EasyWorship and am fully ready to convert to ProPresenter. The only thing holding me back is the huge database of songs that I would have to convert or, more likely, retype.
  • It was great to see my Pastor and his wife, together, in the altar. They are a great team and it really touched me to see them minister in the altar together.
  • I am amazed at what God is doing in our church. I have rarely seen so many on the same page, hearing the same things from God. Call it foolish optimism, but I really believe God is going to do something amazing in Knoxville.
  • Ate at Qdoba with the fam. It was nice, a little chaotic, but nice.
  • CAT training went well. We were missing several students because of vacations, camps and various other summer activities. I really like our new theme and think the last Sunday night in August is going to be an important night.
  • SNOTE was also tonight. Nothing like Sonic on a humid Sunday night in East Tennessee. The Reese's Blast helped comfort the body!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conversion to ProPresenter is fairly simple. You need only export your complete database as text files and drag them into ProPresenter.

The Prodigal Pig said...

I look forward to reading your recaps. It is always interesting to see what others take away from a church service - especially when to presence of the Lord is so strong and the gifts are in full operation. I have longed to see our modern church get back to the purpose of our assembling....AND...it is a great feeling to be in a church where you fully understand, agree with, and support the vision of the pastor and ministry team.