Wednesday, July 23, 2008

wednesday rewind

So, I thought that since I'm doing a Sunday Wind Down, I should also do a Wednesday Rewind, seeing as I am a youth pastor and my main experience time is on Wednesday. So, here it is... my perception of Wednesday...
  • the food was awesome. Mary does an excellent job.
  • last week I was running behind and the kids started arriving early... this week was just the opposite. When we kick off oxygen, I'm gonna set a time when the doors open. I think that'll be 6.15, with the music starting at 6.45. Of course, people can eat before that.
  • Music could have gone a little smoother. We were minus a drummer tonight.
  • We had alot of people out tonight. I'll be glad when vacations are over.
  • I'm excited about some of the changes that we'll be making over the next few weeks. Just trying to prepare for whatever God's got planned this year.
  • Shared just a bit about Chapter 2. I really hope it will be a turning point for our student ministry.
  • Talked about how Isaiah's vision gives us a look into God's dream for our own lives and how we should respond. Good stuff. Don't think I communicated it too well, but can't blame the material.
  • Had a good time hanging out with a couple of friends afterward.
I've got to get my stuff together now and get ready to leave for WV tomorrow. I'm looking fwd to the 10 yr high school reunion. I'm playing golf Friday with the pastor of the Gilbert Church of God (we graduated together). He's good... I'm not so good... but it'll be a fun time.

No comments: