Friday, January 19, 2007

Lex and Vertigo 2005

I'm back! After a long hiatus from the blog-world, I have returned to blog again. My wife is really excited about this, as she has been telling me for quiet some time that I need to blog again. Well, I am... and what better subject matter than my son's first viewing of U2's Vertigo concert in Chicago. Lex would hardly take his eyes off the screen while Bono was on there singing. At one point, I had to switch arms while holding him, which turned his head away from the TV. He gave me an aggravated look and jerked his head back towards the TV. Granted, he probably was just turning toward the sound, but I prefer to think he was enthralled with the show. He started nodding off near the end of Sunday Bloody Sunday. I was glad we could share in this together.

6 comments:

Hope Butcher said...

it is important that we instill this restlessness and hopeful inspiration in him now so that when he grows up, he too will strive for change (or at least complain about it) over the dinner table like we do.

K E Alexander said...

Just think....he's the 3rd generation in our family to love U2. Josh, the truth is that while I was being provoked and moved by Bono's wistful "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", Hope was listening to Debbie Gibson singing "Electric Youth", wearing 2 or 3 watches, and pinch rolling her jeans. So, even if Lex becomes disenchanted and starts listening to some new music form, which you perceive as fluff, if you train him up in the way he should go, when he's old......

Brandon Anderson said...

It's about bloody time. Good stuff. Secure U2 fans for the next generation.

m.d. mcmullin said...

good to have you back among us

Josh Butcher said...

its good to be back. btw, Hope still pinch rolls her jeans... haha, j/k

Robb said...

Hey Josh, good to see you