Saturday, January 20, 2007

Mars Hill or bust!

Left today heading towards Mars Hill in Grandville, MI (just outside Grand Rapids). They are hosting a two-day conference on the local church called "Isn't She Beautiful?" We are getting their early so that we can attend the 6:00 pm gathering at Mars. I'm quiet pumped about it all. Rob Bell will be speaking four times, plus two question-and-answer sessions with Don Golden, Mars Hill Lead Pastor. In addition to the general sessions, each day has several discussion/teaching times with Mars Hill leaders. During these, Hope and I are planning on swapping out Lex-watch. On Monday, I'll go to the "Mars Hill Students" discussion and Hope will go back to the hotel for nap time. On Tuesday, I'm at the hotel and Hope is in the Worship session (3,000 person choir - Worship at Mars Hill). I'm planning on blogging my experiences while up here.
The drive wasn't bad... kinda boring with all the flat, straight roads. I thought I would conclude with a picture of what I found to be incredibly fascinating. When was the last time we saw this?Thats the local gas price? What the heck?

3 comments:

Hope Butcher said...

Maybe the lack of mountains and hills makes it cheaper to bring gas to these people? I look forward to the rest of our "vacation"!

Brandon Anderson said...

Sounds like fun. Gas is only 16 cents more than that here. Gas is only $1.99. When it went up to $1.99 I was furious... greedy manipulative Big Oil CEOs.

Sorry I missed your call man. Well I was actually by my phone when you called, but I've got some hideous cold and I can hardly talk. Lo siento.

Robb said...

Gas is not that cheap here- 2.19 at last count. It seems so arbitrary-really frustrating.