Sunday, January 21, 2007

snowy drive, notre dame and rudy

So this is the scene outside our Kokomo, IN room when I woke up this morning. Mind you, there was no snow when I went to bed, around midnight. I knew this was a possibility, but oh well... we drove on anyway. I'll give it to INDOT (Indiana Department of Transportation), they had the road pretty much clear by the time we left. There were times when it got slushy like in the middle, but nothing treacherous.


Stopped on the way to try to see the Notre Dame campus. I took this picture from across some large pond next to the Sacred Heart Parish Center. I had to take the picture from there because evidently you have to have some sort of pass to get on campus. Everytime we tried, there was a gate keeping us out. Oh well, it wasn't that important anyway, I just wanted a cool picture standing in front of these two buildings... this will have to do.


Needed something to eat after Notre Dame, stopped at Fazoli's in South Bend. Talked about Rudy and how South Bend didn't look that impressive (their sign going into the city says "Building a 21st Century City"). Hit the road again and got to Grand Rapids around 3:45 pm. We are trying to rest right now... well, Hope is trying and Lex is very awake. I'm blogging watching the Bears/Saints game. Mars Hill's night gathering starts @ 6:00. I'm excited. I'll post my first impressions afterwards.

2 comments:

Hope Butcher said...

Well, Lex is still awake! Maybe clearing the roads of snow is as 21st Century as they could be today. What century were they living in before these new endeavors? Hmm.

m.d. mcmullin said...

I'd love to know how the service goes. I'm a Rob Bell fan.