Tuesday, January 23, 2007

rob bell and lex!

so... I thought that a picture of Lex with Rob Bell would be about the coolest thing I could put on here, the last night of the conference. There's really too much to say about today. The morning session was awesome. RB talked about alot of the things that i've been wrestling with over the past two or so years: salvation, heaven, hell, in/out, and the end of the world as we know it. Here's how it started... if we had to answer the question "how is one 'saved'," and the only thing we had to go on was the bible (tongue in cheek), what would the answer be. Well... forty some passages later, the answer was... there would be a lot of different answers. So where did we get the formula??? well... i could keep going about that...

Tonight was even better. The theme was the absolute necessity of endlessly reclaiming your innocence. After some awesome worship time, RB gave about a 10-15 min talk preparing for about an hour plus altar service. It was beautiful. There were people being anointed with oil for healing of sickness and weariness. Some were standing under a Hebrew prayer shawl and the elders of Mars Hill were praying for them. There were communion elements around the stage and other elders served communion. And in the center of the stage was a big cross were many were just crying out. It was all.... honest. The Spirit of God was there, and we were all aware of it.

5 comments:

ndfugate said...

so why dont you keep going on about that. just teasing us here. did you get the thing recorded today or am i going to have to listen to the retelling.

absolute necessity of endlessly reclaming your inoocence - sounds like sanctification.

i now need to take this opportunity to apologize to you for a conversation we had the other day. you had been talking all this Mars Hill stuff so i tried to do some research and found Mars Hill, but it turns out to be the wrong one. I was wearing you out about Mark Driscoll the guy up at Mars Hill in Seattle. Of course your response was one of "what the heck are you talking about". I sir am sorry that i didnt heed your advice earlier and listen to RB, that I fell asleep in the truck on the way to OBX when you were playing it for me, and for ignorantly finding the wrong Mars Hill. I have learned my lesson. hope yall had a good time, and you need to send me the info on the ski trip so i can see if i can get it done.

Brandon Anderson said...

Rob Bell's kid looks a lot like yours...

m.d. mcmullin said...

it sounds like things went great. RB was incredible when I heard him, I would imagine he is better at home.

Hope Butcher said...

I don't care what people say, or don't say. I think that's a really cool picture!

Phil Hoover said...

I've known your in-laws for more than 20 years...our days go all the way back to the now burned-down Ellis Hall on the Lee campus...

And I LOVE Rob Bell..

He's great....